In his 1993 novel, The Celestine Prophecy, James Redfield articulated the following Nine Insights as significant for the then current global experience.
- A spiritual awakening in human culture, which has been brought about by a critical mass of individuals led forward by their “chance coincidences” or synchronistic events.
Are you aware of the synchronicities happening in your life?
- The real purpose of human life and the real nature of the universe are replacing our previous preoccupation with religious conformity and physical comfort.
What preoccupations affect your life (addiction, resistance to authority, emotional dramas, fear, conformity, family entanglements, etc.)?
Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny — something to fulfill, some message to be delivered, some work to be completed. You are not here accidentally — you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you. Osho
- Dynamic energy infuses all things. We can sense and intuit this energy, receive information and support and radiate our energy outward to strengthen other energy systems and increase the
synchronicity in our lives.
Have you ever consciously given or received energy from nature or other people?
- An unconscious competition for human energy is the cause of all conflict between people. Many humans cut themselves off from the source of this energy resulting in weakness and insecurity. Dominating or manipulating others gives us the extra energy we need but damages both parties.
Have you had your energy stolen by someone? Are you an energy vampire?
- Inner connection with our source ends insecurity and violence. The measures of this inner connection are a sense of lightness, buoyancy and the constant sensation of love, all of which can be achieved through meditation.
Have you an intimate (in-to-me-see) connection with your source?
- Clear past childhood traumas to stop stealing others’ energy. All humans, because of their social conditioning, tend toward one of four control dramas:
a) Intimidators steal energy by threat.
b) Interrogators steal energy by judging and questioning.
c) Aloof’s attract/steal attention (energy) by playing coy.
d) Poor Me’s steal energy by wanting others to feel guilty and responsible for them.
Which control dramas are you aware of using:
When you welcome your emotions as teachers, every emotion brings
good news, even the ones that are painful. Gary Zukav
- Contemplate and meditate to build energy and engage in the flow of synchronistic coincidences. Stay focused on your personal mission to receive the steady stream of intuitions, dreams and synchronicities guiding you in the direction of your own evolution, transformation and destiny.
Have you an intimate (in-to-me-see) connection with yourself?
- Build community by uplifting those who cross your path. Human evolution cannot be done alone. Avoid co-dependency by identifying your and others’ control dramas.
What are your personal relationships mirroring?
- Our emerging purpose is to evolve beyond this plane. Synchronistic growth accelerates our evolution by moving us into ever-higher energy states. Ultimately, our energy bodies will transform into spirit form uniting this dimension with the afterlife dimension thereby ending the cycle of birth and death.
What are you doing to increase quality of life and further our evolution?
To think anything is impossible is to limit the creativity of the Universe. Time
& time again throughout history everything that was once impossible has been
proved to be possible. The potential for everything has always been, it has only
been our minds and beliefs that have caught up with the infinite potential that
is right before our very eyes. Anyone who says anything is impossible is dead
wrong. You can create any kind of life you want. Jackson Kiddard
When I first encountered Redfield’s insights in 1993, I did not know my own personal mission. Happily, twenty years later I am much more aware of who I am and what it is I am here to contribute. It was a long journey of discovery inspired in part by Redfield when he stated we are here to complete what our parents left undone. In time I came to understand this to mean that each generation of humanity is left to complete what the previous generation left unfinished. When I considered the purpose of my parents’ generation, global peace came to mind as their and our unfinished business. With two world wars in the previous millennium and considerable civil strife in ours, it would appear the intimidator, interrogator, aloof and poor me control dramas are alive though they do not seem to be thriving as they were in the early decades of the 20th century.
War does not determine who is right — only who is left.
Although there were those in my parents’ generation who desired peace, the critical mass of humanity still believed war was the only option, which thus became our reality. Today we are reaching a threshold or the “tipping point” for the new belief that peace is possible. If you find yourself challenged with believing in personal and global peace, then be heartened with knowing nothing is impossible and small acts can and do create massive impacts. Reframing your belief and creating a simple peace practice like “don’t take anything personally” may be just the act that tips the scales in favour of peace.
Don’t Take Anything Personally:
If you have nothing good to say to each other, then say nothing. If you break the rule, go take a time-out until you are calm again. Close the loop by talking it over with each other.
For more on how to bring peace into your self and your life, read my book From Now to WOW: An Invitation to Transformation .
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering. Don Miguel Ruiz